Just a quick thank you to the friends and family members who read this the last couple of weeks blogs and called to love me and support me. Those whom were hurt by the comments that were meant to hurt me, I love you. As you know, I am working on the things that grieve me and grieve God. I am glad for your love and support (instead of ridicule and criticism) as I travel this road to be more like Christ. Your phone calls and emails lifted my heart and give me hope! Teanut, especially you! Thanks.
Sometimes, things just don't happen like we expect. Occasionally, the unexpected is a nice surprise, but sometimes the unexpected can turn an event, circumstance, or even a life, upside down. Last week, my daughter and I went to spend Spring Break with family. Our flight was lovely, the weather perfect, and we were looking forward to a stress free week. The first thing we did was eat lunch at one of our favorite Thai restaurants. As usual, we looked forward to our fortune cookies. We took turns reading and laughing...and then my daughter opened hers - "Be prepared for a change in plans." Uh-oh. We didn't like this one but we decided our week would be stress free and fun in spite of what a cookie said. Continuing on through out the day, all was well until that night. I sat outside on the porch of a friend I have known for 35 years and received news that changed something I have believed for 30 years. The words were horrible and made me so ill that I got sick within min...
Comments