Skip to main content

Friday Fill In



I love Fridays! The weekend is just around the corner. My office is usually pretty quiet and I can get a lot of work completed. Friday nights are reserved for spending quality time with family, friends, or (maybe oddly) simply some quality time with myself. It is also the day that I have picked to post this random, fill in the blank blog posting. I would love it if you would join it. You can get the questions here, weekly. Here is this weeks Friday Fill In!

1. Enough with the cold. I much prefer warm weather and the cold makes my body hurt.

2. Pain causes me to be conflicted, mostly emotional pain. I understand that pain is a part of life, even a life with Christ, but it still doesn't feel good. So, this is conflicting. Joy / Pain. ?

3. I've been craving seafood. I love seafood and can never get quite enough. When I lived on the East Coast, it was much more accessible. When I was visiting Northern Virginia a couple of months ago, I was able to eat seafood every day. I am ready for another trip like that.

4. My family makes me laugh. We have so much fun together.

5. I wish I could go to Mexico next week. I imagine lounging on the beach with my hubby, in the sun, relaxing. We are planning a trip soon, but it's not next week. :(

6. Tina has been on my mind lately. She is one of my best friends and is going through a tough situation. I have been praying for her a lot, along with her family. So, I would say she is definitely on my mind.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to spending time with friends and family, relaxing over a nice dinner. Tomorrow my plans include a class that I am taking in the morning and hopefully taking in a movie with my husband. Our daughter's boyfriends is spending the weekend with us while his parents are out of town, so we will be very available parents (they are 15), spending time with them. We attend worship services on Saturday night. Sunday I want to have as much fun as possible at the House Of Blues Gospel Brunch with friends when we go to celebrate a birthday. The rest of the day I want to tidy up, do laundry, and relax with a book for the night.

Comments

Laura said…
I love your memory verse, Liz!

It sounds like you have a great weekend planned! Have fun with your daughter and her beau. Hope the show is sweet and stay warm!!

We're freezing our toushies off in WV.

:)Laura
Jack said…
Ahhh, Mexico would be nice, wouldn't it?!
A pretty busy weekend ahead, hope you enjoy it :)

Thanks for the visit!
Carol said…
Sounds like a fun weekend. Tina's been on my mind too. Have fun with your dd and her dbf.

Thanks for the encourgament and love on my last Yes to God post.

Love ya

Carol

Funny my word verifiacation looks like I'm a belief. Some time these are fun.

Popular posts from this blog

The Unexpected

Sometimes, things just don't happen like we expect. Occasionally, the unexpected is a nice surprise, but sometimes the unexpected can turn an event, circumstance, or even a life, upside down. Last week, my daughter and I went to spend Spring Break with family. Our flight was lovely, the weather perfect, and we were looking forward to a stress free week. The first thing we did was eat lunch at one of our favorite Thai restaurants. As usual, we looked forward to our fortune cookies. We took turns reading and laughing...and then my daughter opened hers - "Be prepared for a change in plans." Uh-oh. We didn't like this one but we decided our week would be stress free and fun in spite of what a cookie said. Continuing on through out the day, all was well until that night. I sat outside on the porch of a friend I have known for 35 years and received news that changed something I have believed for 30 years. The words were horrible and made me so ill that I got sick within min...

I Close My Eyes

Well, I did it. I took the writer's challenge at a blog that I have been lurking around for some time. I found this blog through Laura at Wellblog 's place and have been enthralled ever since. I have dabbled in poetry on and off. Written some invitations, cards, and even a few song lyrics (for fun) but have been hesitant to post any. (roaring lion? see below post ) With the encouragement of a friend, I decided to take the challenge on L.L.Barkat's blog, in a lesson on seeing. I chose a subject that is cherished, a memory that was real and something close to my heart. The beach. Many, many days were spent at the beach in the 12 years I lived on the Southern Virginia coast. The memories are real, and when.......... I close my eyes and I can still see the beach. The endless spans of water Sometimes blue, green, or gray. It moves Gently and Violently Bubbles rise and falling forward. On and on. I close my eyes and I can still hear the crash Of tidal movement As earth slowly spi...

Birthday!

Today is a special day. It is the first day of my last year in my forty's. I am a little anxious about this, but overall, excited. There is something about knowing that 50 is one year away that causes me to experience a deeper motivation to live life to the fullest. Yesterday, I resigned from my current position. Fifteen months ago I accepted a position with a group of cardiologists in Dallas, thinking that it would be a good move to bring more satisfaction in my work life. Long story short, it did not turn out that way. (I don't think that was even a short story, but bear with me.) Although I met some people that I really liked, and enjoyed working with the doctors in that practice, it just really did not satisfy my desire to learn, to lead, and to make a difference. I have tried hard not to complain, and only a few close friends know how I really felt about my job there and I have prayed fervently (and with others) that God would open the door to an opportunity more su...