Skip to main content

Friday Fill-Ins


1. Why do we have to exercise to be really healthy? It's just not fun!

2.
Some healthy choices are now habits, exercise in not one of them.

3. I have more than I could ever ask for. God has been so good to me.


4. I had never heard the phrase "Progress not perfection
" and it helps me know I don't have to accomplish everything immediately.

5.
I have had to refrain from asking that my husband load the dishwasher the way I always do.

6. How was I to know that if you didn't tell me?


7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to
celebrating my 27th wedding anniversary with my husband, tomorrow my plans include a trip to Six Flags over Texas with a favorite friend and our kids and Sunday, I want to attend worship services and hang out at home!

For more Friday Fill-Ins click here


Comments

Laura said…
Happy anniversary, Liz!! Have a sweet celebration with hubs.

I haven't given up on a retreat. Just been so sick I haven't thought of anything else. Maybe we can plan...
Carol said…
Happy Anniversary!!!! Wow 27 years that gives me such joy to hear of couples who have shared so many years together, and are still looking forward to more.

Your #1 made me laugh, I was complaining about my ex dvd's in my post.

Hope your having fun in 6 flags.

Love,
Carol
Anonymous said…
What a testimony---27 years!!! CONGRATULATIONS. It was a beautiful day here in East Texas; hoping you enjoyed that same sort of weather at Six Flags.

Totally agree with you about the exercise. Simply walking regularly sounds like a very do-able task but I've yet to even master that!!

Hope your weekend is filled with laughter and precious memories!

Stacy

Popular posts from this blog

The Unexpected

Sometimes, things just don't happen like we expect. Occasionally, the unexpected is a nice surprise, but sometimes the unexpected can turn an event, circumstance, or even a life, upside down. Last week, my daughter and I went to spend Spring Break with family. Our flight was lovely, the weather perfect, and we were looking forward to a stress free week. The first thing we did was eat lunch at one of our favorite Thai restaurants. As usual, we looked forward to our fortune cookies. We took turns reading and laughing...and then my daughter opened hers - "Be prepared for a change in plans." Uh-oh. We didn't like this one but we decided our week would be stress free and fun in spite of what a cookie said. Continuing on through out the day, all was well until that night. I sat outside on the porch of a friend I have known for 35 years and received news that changed something I have believed for 30 years. The words were horrible and made me so ill that I got sick within min...

I Close My Eyes

Well, I did it. I took the writer's challenge at a blog that I have been lurking around for some time. I found this blog through Laura at Wellblog 's place and have been enthralled ever since. I have dabbled in poetry on and off. Written some invitations, cards, and even a few song lyrics (for fun) but have been hesitant to post any. (roaring lion? see below post ) With the encouragement of a friend, I decided to take the challenge on L.L.Barkat's blog, in a lesson on seeing. I chose a subject that is cherished, a memory that was real and something close to my heart. The beach. Many, many days were spent at the beach in the 12 years I lived on the Southern Virginia coast. The memories are real, and when.......... I close my eyes and I can still see the beach. The endless spans of water Sometimes blue, green, or gray. It moves Gently and Violently Bubbles rise and falling forward. On and on. I close my eyes and I can still hear the crash Of tidal movement As earth slowly spi...

Behind Those Eyes - Chapter 8

We are completely loved and accepted completely. That is the chapter title this week and it is such good news! It is news that I have heard before, but news that I was glad to hear again. Lisa's story at the end of the chapter touched my heart...you know, the one where she woke up the morning after her prayer asking God to let her know that they were okay. The song in her head, that really was in her heart is awesome. I have had those times. Recently, I have had quite a few. The last few months (years maybe?) have been a little difficult. Some days I have wondered, "Does He REALLY love me?" And then some sort of confirmation will come along, He will let me know that we are okay and my heart sings. His love is gentle. His love is perfect. His love is comforting. And his love is absolutely unconditional. My blog time is shortened this week due the death in my family. My post is short, but honest and heartfelt. This week, I had a couple of conversations with a good...