Skip to main content

RAP (Random Acts of Poetry) - Hidden

Finally, a poem but not quite sure how I feel about it...
About a friend who is in a not so perfect relationship.

Hidden

She quietly sneaks to the keys and the screen
typing the letters to go where she wants
careful avoiding hope not to be seen
the fear of his wrath she ought not get caught
His love is a prison he holds her in tight
Her loyalty steady just one little peek
threats have been made she's not willing to fight
Just a bit of some news is all she will seek
He hates her old friend with all that he is
Her emptiness hidden with smiles and a song
Ego and power; she's rightfully his
He believes that she's good as gone
But lingers and reads what is published out here
Hiding but hurting, loving in fear

Comments

Anonymous said…
wow, is there a real story behind this one?

it sounds like she is afraid of someone.

i started a new blog on wordpress, and will probably delete the other one, if i ever get a password to do that.

the time away still has me thinking. but, i think that it is now more about how i think about the blogging rather than the blogging itself.
Liz said…
OH, HI, Nancy! I will go check out the new site.

Yes, she is afraid. The poem is based on a true situation; sad but true. However, it is poetry.
Cindy said…
I hope she finds a way to end the relationship....
Billy Coffey said…
...wow. This is powerful, Liz. Hope things work out, too.
Laura said…
just...yikes!

Sending a prayer for your friend for healthy relationships. (and for in-grown toenails!)

Popular posts from this blog

The Unexpected

Sometimes, things just don't happen like we expect. Occasionally, the unexpected is a nice surprise, but sometimes the unexpected can turn an event, circumstance, or even a life, upside down. Last week, my daughter and I went to spend Spring Break with family. Our flight was lovely, the weather perfect, and we were looking forward to a stress free week. The first thing we did was eat lunch at one of our favorite Thai restaurants. As usual, we looked forward to our fortune cookies. We took turns reading and laughing...and then my daughter opened hers - "Be prepared for a change in plans." Uh-oh. We didn't like this one but we decided our week would be stress free and fun in spite of what a cookie said. Continuing on through out the day, all was well until that night. I sat outside on the porch of a friend I have known for 35 years and received news that changed something I have believed for 30 years. The words were horrible and made me so ill that I got sick within min...

I Close My Eyes

Well, I did it. I took the writer's challenge at a blog that I have been lurking around for some time. I found this blog through Laura at Wellblog 's place and have been enthralled ever since. I have dabbled in poetry on and off. Written some invitations, cards, and even a few song lyrics (for fun) but have been hesitant to post any. (roaring lion? see below post ) With the encouragement of a friend, I decided to take the challenge on L.L.Barkat's blog, in a lesson on seeing. I chose a subject that is cherished, a memory that was real and something close to my heart. The beach. Many, many days were spent at the beach in the 12 years I lived on the Southern Virginia coast. The memories are real, and when.......... I close my eyes and I can still see the beach. The endless spans of water Sometimes blue, green, or gray. It moves Gently and Violently Bubbles rise and falling forward. On and on. I close my eyes and I can still hear the crash Of tidal movement As earth slowly spi...

Birthday!

Today is a special day. It is the first day of my last year in my forty's. I am a little anxious about this, but overall, excited. There is something about knowing that 50 is one year away that causes me to experience a deeper motivation to live life to the fullest. Yesterday, I resigned from my current position. Fifteen months ago I accepted a position with a group of cardiologists in Dallas, thinking that it would be a good move to bring more satisfaction in my work life. Long story short, it did not turn out that way. (I don't think that was even a short story, but bear with me.) Although I met some people that I really liked, and enjoyed working with the doctors in that practice, it just really did not satisfy my desire to learn, to lead, and to make a difference. I have tried hard not to complain, and only a few close friends know how I really felt about my job there and I have prayed fervently (and with others) that God would open the door to an opportunity more su...