Skip to main content

Just Shut Up & Friday Fill-In

I love this blog: TheResurgence
A couple of weeks ago, I saw this post on there and chuckled.


Whoever belittles his neighbor lacks sense, but a man of understanding remains silent.
-
Proverbs 11:12
After chuckling for a few minutes, I began to think about remaining silent and being a (wo)man of silence. I really like to talk and there used to be a time that I was not so aware of when I was"belittling my neighbor". God has gotten a hold of me in this area, but sometimes I am still tempted...expecially at work. There are days that drama and talking "bad" about others in the office seem to go on and on and on. During these seasons in my office, I do a lot of praying. We are in that season now so last week, I printed and displayed this post on the wall above my desk.

Boy, have I ever needed it.
It has helped...me.
But I do wish I could post it on everyone else's desk!

Just sayin'...

For a little fun, how about a Friday Fill-in?

So...here we go!

1. I am so looking forward to having a long weekend this weekend that I can hardly stand it.

2. I have a hard time waiting until later.

3. When you get old, it is important to take care of yourself.

4. God is a big part of my life.

5. If you need anything you are probably going to have to ask.

6. I am so envious because my daughter is going to Destin, FL on a spring break trip (without me).

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to dinner and a movie tomorrow my plans include cycling, and spending some time working in the yard, and Sunday, I want to go to worship services, relax in the afternoon! If the weather is nice, I might take a ride in our new plane!


Have a great weekend!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Once again, God has amazed me with how He gets His messages to even the most stubborn ears. This is the 7th type read about silence I've encountered over the past 3 days after spending about a month in self-imposed misery simply because of my speech!! Thanks for sharing the info. I may have to copy you and place that verse above my desk, near my phone, on my forehead... :o)


Have a wonderful weekend! If y'all ever fly by Tyler, let me know or holler as you pass over.

~Stacy
pam said…
mmmm, good stuff
nicole flowers said…
Beautifully written!

Popular posts from this blog

The Unexpected

Sometimes, things just don't happen like we expect. Occasionally, the unexpected is a nice surprise, but sometimes the unexpected can turn an event, circumstance, or even a life, upside down. Last week, my daughter and I went to spend Spring Break with family. Our flight was lovely, the weather perfect, and we were looking forward to a stress free week. The first thing we did was eat lunch at one of our favorite Thai restaurants. As usual, we looked forward to our fortune cookies. We took turns reading and laughing...and then my daughter opened hers - "Be prepared for a change in plans." Uh-oh. We didn't like this one but we decided our week would be stress free and fun in spite of what a cookie said. Continuing on through out the day, all was well until that night. I sat outside on the porch of a friend I have known for 35 years and received news that changed something I have believed for 30 years. The words were horrible and made me so ill that I got sick within min...

I Close My Eyes

Well, I did it. I took the writer's challenge at a blog that I have been lurking around for some time. I found this blog through Laura at Wellblog 's place and have been enthralled ever since. I have dabbled in poetry on and off. Written some invitations, cards, and even a few song lyrics (for fun) but have been hesitant to post any. (roaring lion? see below post ) With the encouragement of a friend, I decided to take the challenge on L.L.Barkat's blog, in a lesson on seeing. I chose a subject that is cherished, a memory that was real and something close to my heart. The beach. Many, many days were spent at the beach in the 12 years I lived on the Southern Virginia coast. The memories are real, and when.......... I close my eyes and I can still see the beach. The endless spans of water Sometimes blue, green, or gray. It moves Gently and Violently Bubbles rise and falling forward. On and on. I close my eyes and I can still hear the crash Of tidal movement As earth slowly spi...

Behind Those Eyes - Chapter 8

We are completely loved and accepted completely. That is the chapter title this week and it is such good news! It is news that I have heard before, but news that I was glad to hear again. Lisa's story at the end of the chapter touched my heart...you know, the one where she woke up the morning after her prayer asking God to let her know that they were okay. The song in her head, that really was in her heart is awesome. I have had those times. Recently, I have had quite a few. The last few months (years maybe?) have been a little difficult. Some days I have wondered, "Does He REALLY love me?" And then some sort of confirmation will come along, He will let me know that we are okay and my heart sings. His love is gentle. His love is perfect. His love is comforting. And his love is absolutely unconditional. My blog time is shortened this week due the death in my family. My post is short, but honest and heartfelt. This week, I had a couple of conversations with a good...