Skip to main content

Friday!!!


It is Friday - again! Last weekend went by so quickly! The week was a whirlwind of activity and transition. My son flew back to his home in Northern Virginia but his girlfriend stayed in Texas to start a new job. She is living with our family and it has been a great week. She has been a trouper as she tries to figure out our crazy family's schedule, pet-peeves, and communication style. She has eaten American food every day (she prefers Vietnamese) and not complained once. The bathroom sharing has worked well between she and Lovely Daughter, except the hair clogging up the bathtub. This will hopefully be remedied that that Mr. Husband is aware of it.

And I am just thrilled that it is Friday and another weekend upon me! (I need it!)

To start things off, I will play my favorite blogging game, Friday Fill Ins! Not sure why I like to do this - but I find it to be a fun and easy challenge!

So, here we go....

1. In 1992, I was in Wichita, Kansas, praying that we would get pregnant with another child. (which happened, but not until 1993)

2. Watching children fill my life with laughter and smiles.

3. Do what you can, with what you have, where you are planted.

4. Mexico is where I'd like to be.

5. The trees and flowers are telling me Spring has sprung!

6. I feel like the battery that just keeps going on.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to getting my grocery shopping out of the way on the way home from work and then some DOWN time at home, tomorrow my plans include cycle class in the morning, shopping with my son's girlfriend in the afternoon, and a shrimp & crab boil party with my husband in the evening and Sunday, I want to to to worship services at my great church, spend some time getting ready for Women's Home Group on Sunday night and meeting the new ladies who are going to be in attendence!

Blessings to you this beautiful spring weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unexpected

Sometimes, things just don't happen like we expect. Occasionally, the unexpected is a nice surprise, but sometimes the unexpected can turn an event, circumstance, or even a life, upside down. Last week, my daughter and I went to spend Spring Break with family. Our flight was lovely, the weather perfect, and we were looking forward to a stress free week. The first thing we did was eat lunch at one of our favorite Thai restaurants. As usual, we looked forward to our fortune cookies. We took turns reading and laughing...and then my daughter opened hers - "Be prepared for a change in plans." Uh-oh. We didn't like this one but we decided our week would be stress free and fun in spite of what a cookie said. Continuing on through out the day, all was well until that night. I sat outside on the porch of a friend I have known for 35 years and received news that changed something I have believed for 30 years. The words were horrible and made me so ill that I got sick within min...

I Close My Eyes

Well, I did it. I took the writer's challenge at a blog that I have been lurking around for some time. I found this blog through Laura at Wellblog 's place and have been enthralled ever since. I have dabbled in poetry on and off. Written some invitations, cards, and even a few song lyrics (for fun) but have been hesitant to post any. (roaring lion? see below post ) With the encouragement of a friend, I decided to take the challenge on L.L.Barkat's blog, in a lesson on seeing. I chose a subject that is cherished, a memory that was real and something close to my heart. The beach. Many, many days were spent at the beach in the 12 years I lived on the Southern Virginia coast. The memories are real, and when.......... I close my eyes and I can still see the beach. The endless spans of water Sometimes blue, green, or gray. It moves Gently and Violently Bubbles rise and falling forward. On and on. I close my eyes and I can still hear the crash Of tidal movement As earth slowly spi...

Birthday!

Today is a special day. It is the first day of my last year in my forty's. I am a little anxious about this, but overall, excited. There is something about knowing that 50 is one year away that causes me to experience a deeper motivation to live life to the fullest. Yesterday, I resigned from my current position. Fifteen months ago I accepted a position with a group of cardiologists in Dallas, thinking that it would be a good move to bring more satisfaction in my work life. Long story short, it did not turn out that way. (I don't think that was even a short story, but bear with me.) Although I met some people that I really liked, and enjoyed working with the doctors in that practice, it just really did not satisfy my desire to learn, to lead, and to make a difference. I have tried hard not to complain, and only a few close friends know how I really felt about my job there and I have prayed fervently (and with others) that God would open the door to an opportunity more su...