Friday, March 30, 2012

Weddings and Weight Loss

As of tomorrow, my son's wedding is only 6 weeks away. I am excited, but I panicked a bit recently at the thought of the family photographs that would go down in history. So, I started a weight loss program.
I have gradually crept up in weight since my move to Texas, now almost 7 years ago. Turning 50 hasn't helped. And although I exercise diligently, I continue to not see results in the area of weight loss.
So, I am making a drastic change - at least for the next 45 days, I will be following the Slim4Life program. I am a little skeptical but willing to commit for that amount of time and more likely for 8 to 10 weeks for a 20 pound weight loss.
I just finished a 3 day preparation phase (also known as a cleanse). I found it impossible to eat 2-3 pounds of meat per day but have lost 3 pounds in 3 days - most likely water. Tomorrow begins the weight loss phase. I know it will be difficult because it is quite restrictive, but like I said, I am willing to do whatever it takes. Let's hope this motivation lasts through the coming weeks!
When Jesus was in the desert for 40 days, He fasted. It seems this may be a good example for me to focus on as I learn to not use food as a way of socializing, of comforting, and to spend more time focused on Him.




No comments: