Monday, September 12, 2011

Powerless

Powerless.
I am reminded of this again and it is mostly due to the fact that I continually think that I have power - even if ever so slight.
I returned yesterday from a retreat for women in recovery. It is a weekend that I have gone to every year for the past six years. While there, I am very aware of my powerlessness. Powerless against the effects of alcoholism, powerless against loss, powerless against anything, really. And I know that God is the One who is all powerful.
But the very next day, I think I can control the universe.
I know it is a ploy. The devil wants me to believe that I am stronger.
But, I believe him, and regret it.
But, progress, not perfection.

Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

Yes, I do believe that.

No comments: