Thursday, April 12, 2012

Wedding Countdown!

Well, today marks the one month mark until my son and his lovely fiance get married. I am getting very excited even though I still have a few things to do!
I can tell that my son is getting excited too.
The deadline to R.S.V.P. was today. I think we have heard from almost everyone although I know there are a few stragglers. Now to determine who will be attending the Rehearsal dinner at our home the night before.
We will be preparing a pig...an entire pig for the meal! It is a tradition in Vietnam for the grooms family to present the bride's family with a pig prior to the wedding. So...of course, we will do it! It will be done in luau style which will be fun since we just returned from Hawaii and experienced an authentic luau.
Here is a photo of the traditional Vietnamese procession where the pig is presented, along with other gifts, to the bride's family. I don't think ours will look exactly like that, but you get the idea.



It is going to be so much fun!
Let the party begin!






No comments: