Sunday, April 8, 2012

Weight Loss trials and victories

I have been "on a diet" for 11 days now.
I am tired of it.
Yesterday I was geared up for difficult temptations since that is the day we enjoyed our family meal to celebrate Easter. My family had all been warned that there would be no ham (since it is so high in sodium, it is not on my list of foods to eat) and that the casseroles would be limited to only one. So, we had coffee rubbed beef tenderloin (which was fantastic), roasted asparagus, grilled portabello mushrooms, broccoli/rice/cheese casserole, rolls, and strawberry shortcake for desert. I only at one spoon full of the broccoli casserole, skipped the rolls, and ate only the strawberries for desert. We went to the Saturday evening worship service and when I came home, I was still satisfied and went to bed. WHEW! I made it!
This morning, every tempting thought ran through my head.
"Who cares how much you weigh, you look fine in the dress you are wearing to the wedding."
"Look at all the chocolate that the Easter Bunny left! Jeremy won't even know if you eat some of his candy."
"Let's just go get Mexican food tonight....or order a pizza."
On and on my thoughts went.
Somehow, I managed to make it through the day. I had one bite of the broccoli casserole that was left over (not on my plan) and since I have been almost sodium free, it tasted very salty.
The tricky part was satisfying that mexican food craving with no salt, no carbs, and nothing canned or jarred. (I am eating only fresh produce). I am happy to say, I have prepared and eaten my dinner, and I feel satisfied. I cooked and shredded chicken breast, seasoning it with chipotle chili powder, garlic, onion, and lots of cumin. I steamed some fresh green beans, chopped some fresh, sweet tomatoes, mixed it all up...and the yummy southwest flavored concoction was pretty darn good!
I am not sure what my weigh in tomorrow will bring, but hopefully there will be a satisfactory number on the scale.

Happy Easter!

No comments: