Thursday, August 26, 2010

Family Update and Friday Fill-In


Mercy! An entire week has flown by! I had a fantastic time at the Women of Faith conference. As I hoped, my mind was renewed, my spirit refreshed, and friendships deepened. The biggest surprise for me was Marcus Buckingham! What a fantastic speaker with a fantastic message.
He was not familiar to me when I looked at the speakers when I bought my ticket, so I looked him up by googling him. (love technology!) I was a little curious after reading about him, still not quite sure why he was invited to Women of Faith. What a delight! Check him out here. I could probably write an entire post about what I learned from what he said. And maybe I will. :)

In the meantime, my daughter started school as a Junior in High School! My computer caught a virus and my husband doctored it back to health. We had 107 degree high one day, and 89 degree high the next. I am in my second week back to cycling after surgery and then an injured husband. I cooked dinner every day except one and on that day we went out to dinner with our best friends to Fuzzy's Taco Shop. I think they (the Taco shop, not the friends) are only in the great state of Texas, but they are moving to other areas soon. You should check them out if you ever have the chance. Other family news, our son, Aaron started his internship with the U.S. Marshal's department. I can't say much about that, since it is "top secret". ha ha! But, he is working for them and he started his final semester at University North Texas this week too! In December - he will graduate with a degree in Criminal Justice. Adam and Thien are settling nicely into their Texas routine and life is just good!

For fun...another Friday Fill-In!


1. You do your thing; I do mine and sometimes it might actually be the same thing.

2. Mexico is what's been on my mind on and off all day. (We re-booked the cruise we missed!)

3. Remember when ...that is what we were talking about with our best friends when we went out to dinner the other night. We have been friends for 20 years - we start a lot of our conversations with "Remember when...".

4. God, family, and fun are three of my favorite obsessions :-)

5. During the last year I have had a lot of change!

6. Thinking of going on a cruise puts a smile on my face. (Didn't we have this one last week?)

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to the first football game - even though it is a scrimmage, tomorrow my plans include cycling, maybe a little swimming, shopping, and seeing my kids (the ones who don't live at home anymore) and Sunday, I want to worship at the Village Church, finish the last class of the Christian Counseling Class I am taking, and spend time with my Home Group friends!

3 comments:

Tamara said...

Isn't it just amazing how spending time with other women can be just so special. Sounds like you had a great conference. Now you're looking forward to your cruise... how special is that? I remember my cruise to Mexico with great fondness - a special time spent with a life long girlfriend who lives in a difference country to me. Hope you have a great weekend.

jan said...

yay! cruised..I am sure you will have a lot of fun!

mine is up too

http://moms-journey.com/2010/08/27/it-friday-fill-ins-again.aspx

see you

pam said...

I love the name...Fuzzy's Taco's. Conjures up an image of a family little man who makes amazing taco's.