Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wordless Wednesday

So....
I know the title of this post says wordless Wednesday
but considering there have been zero words on this blog for a week and a half
(even my sister fussed at me for being so negligent)
I thought I would tag on a few thoughts.
I selected this photo from our recent cruise because it reminds me of a wonderful time.
One of the reasons I really enjoy vacations is because they create memories.
but the memories disappear from our minds and thoughts so quickly
and I want to keep them fresh.
When I look at this photo, the sights, sounds, and smells of the ocean fill my mind and my heart.
I feel serene, peaceful, and grateful.
This is good because since our return, I have been making preparations
(with a group of outstanding coworkers)
to open a hospital...
now in just a few days.
There is something very, very satisfying about making something from nothing.

I wonder
How did God feel when He created the earth and all that is in it?
And I stop ...
in awe...
of how big He is
and how small I am.
And He loves me.
Amazing.
Grace.

1 comment:

drybottomgirl said...

This is a beautiful post. I could feel all my senses waking up, even the ocean air was wonderful smelling. Congratulations on opening a hospital! May it always be blessed from beginning to end. I also loved how you talked about creation, it's still one of my very favorite stories in the bible....