Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Diversity & Friendship




Back in June, I posted a blog entry about my daughter and two of her best friends. I was watching them together at the end of school year band concert and realized what a beautiful picture of friendship, acceptance, and diversity these girls are. It was my hope to get a photograph of the three girls to capture their beauty as young ladies, but also to capture the bigger picture of love. Last night I was finally able to assemble the three of them for a photograph since they had a sleep over at our home before the start of school next week.

My heart soars with joy when I watch them together, each of them so very different, not only in appearance, but also in culture. As they spend time together they learn more and more that not everyone is exactly the same, but it is ok, even good to be different. They learn from one another. They enjoy one another. What a blessing for them to have such a great friendship!

They are each beautiful girls, ethnically different, and absolutely beautiful. As a circle of friends and as individuals, they are perfect. Look at them...aren't they lovely!?!!

1 comment:

Tina said...

Liz, What beautiful girls! I can't believe how grown Rebecca is looking! So much like her momma too!