Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Falling in Love Again

I have been married for over 25 years. My husband and I met in 1980 and I fell quickly in love with him. Through out our 27 years together we have gone through good times and some bad times. This past weekend, he and I had one of those serious conversations about where we have been and where we are going in our marriage. Sometimes these discussions can be difficult, but they are always necessary in order to build intimacy, health, and to grow.

We didn't scream, cry, or yell during our talk which was a great mark of success. But what really was amazing was his closing statement to me. Out of respect, I will not quote him (I believe in honesty, yes, but will always protect) but what he said to me was loving, kind, encouraging, and true. He filled my world with hope for the future and I fell in love with my husband all over again.

No comments: