Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Random

I have little focus today. I spent so much time TRYING to focus at work, that since I got home, I have been bouncing off of walls like one of those little rubber balls you buy for a quarter in the gumball machine.

Here are the random things going through my head.

It is cold. I am not used to feeling cold. It makes my throat hurt. Well, that might be because after I got my flu shot, I thought I was going to die. I ended up with the pseudo-flu. That was a bummer. Maybe that's why my throat hurts. But I still don't like being cold. I guess I should be glad I am in Texas, where cold is not REALLY cold, like Minnesota. I lived there once. I think if one were to go "#1"outside in Minnesota, it would freeze!

Thinking of being cold makes me think I want to be warm. And warm I hope to be in less than two weeks when I go on a 7 day cruise in the Western Caribbean. Woo hoo! Grand Cayman's, Jamaica, and Cozumel...here I come!!!!

My son, Aaron's, girlfriend is getting a puppy on Friday. She is a Yorkie and her name is Minnie. I feel like I am getting a grandpuppy! I can't wait to see her, to hold her and to love on her. She will get to come over with Amy and hang out. Amy has agreed to take care of Minnie's piddles. See....just like a grandpuppy!

I ordered Adam's graduation announcements. He ordered his cap and gown. I think he might really graduate this December! It seems surreal. I can't wait. I don't know what is more exciting, having him graduate for his own achievement, or getting the raise in our income from all those years of tuition and housing costs that we paid for! What am I thinking...we still have Aaron in college?! But one down...two to go! Hooray.

And other news from Va Tech, Adam's girlfriend will be traveling home with us after graduation and spending Christmas with us. Wow! Is this the "take the girlfriend home to meet the family" thing? It looks like it is happening!

Rebecca and her boyfriend broke up. It was short lived. They like being friends better. I must say, I am glad about this. She is handling it very well.

My friend, Janie, that I sat next to at work...she had to move to a different department this week. I still see her, but she is not my next desk neighbor anymore. We still walk 30 minutes every day and eat lunch together though.

I had a dream that I visited my old church and nobody knew me. It was funny because they were meeting in a garage. I was sitting in an old pickup truck during the service. Whoever was in the driver's seat, backed us out of the garage and pulled back in again. When they pulled back in, they almost ran over an old lady. What is that all about??

Relationships are hard. I am looking forward to my vacation with my mom because it is an emotional break. She is the easiest person for me to be around because I can really, truly be myself. I am worn out emotionally in lots of ways. I need to find ways and relationships that revive and refresh. And not that everyone exhausts me, but I exhaust myself. My expectations are high and sometimes irrational. I wonder how I got this way? Am I a perfectionist? Controlling? Manipulative? Crazy? I just need to rest in the arms of my God, and be around my mom. sigh.

Random. What is it that my son calls this? Brain Dumping.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad you can be yourself! i can too. love, mom