Monday, January 14, 2008

Prayer for Today

God does not insist on our forgiving others for the sake of that person alone but for peace in our own lives.

Lord, as hard as this may be for me to comprehend or rationalize, You Word is clear, if I forgive others when they sin against me (betrayal), You my heavenly Father, will also forgive me. But if I do not forgive others their sins, You my Father, will not forgive my own sins. (Matt.6:14-15)

So empower me to bear with others and forgive whatever grievances I may have against them. Help me to forgive as You, Lord, have forgiven me.

If someone sins against me seven times in a day, and seven times comes back to me and says, "I repent", I desire to be obedient to You. Strengthen me, Lord, to forgive him, to forgive her.

-Beth Moore
Praying God's Word Day by Day
January 14

No comments: