Thursday, May 22, 2008

My Friend



Life is more joyful

Because you're my friend
The joys are doubled
The sorrows are shared
Our souls are connected
Our hearts we did bare

Sometimes it's so wonderful
To have you around
And sometimes so painful
When in pain we are found
Forgiveness and mercy
In God's love we're bound

The friendships of women
Go deep and can hurt
But the sharing can cover
huge triumphs and real dirt
I give you my secrets,
my trust
and my shirt

Mistakes have been made
on both of our parts
But forever you'll have
a piece of my heart
My goal is to love
and not mess up, if I'm smart

I have broken your trust
I have hurt you with words
And I'm am so very sorry
God's best - not just good
is my hope for the future
His will and I should

Best friendships are rare
and a gift, I am sure
to be treasured forever
with a love that is pure
Life has more beauty
When friendship endures

~Liz

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That was beautiful! You are an amazing writer!