Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Waiting

Today is finally here.

My son and his girlfriend are scheduled to arrive for their holiday visit. We only see them a couple of times a year since they live in Virginia and we live in Texas. And every time they come, I am just as excited as the time before. I ready the house by cleaning, shopping, buying all their favorite foods and thinking of all the fun things that we can do while we are all together. Christmas is the best, though. Adam (my son) seems to enjoy holiday traditions as much as I do and it is fun to introduce his girlfriend, Thien, to our fun little family practices around the holidays.

But as I wait today, I think about what God must feel like when He waits. When I am too busy doing the hustle and bustle of what I call life, when I move away from Him and don’t visit with Him as often as He would like. Especially, during this season, as we are celebrating the gift He gave us – Jesus – and then we get too busy to even talk to Him. Does He eagerly wait, like I wait for Adam, for when I come back? I think so. Is He gathering up all my favorite things, just waiting to bless me when I am in His presence? I think so.

Let me take time to visit with my Heavenly Father and thank Him for all He has done!

The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.
Zep 3:17

1 comment:

pam said...

LOVE that scripture....aren't you thankful He is NOTHING like us....so faithful to ALWAYS be right here with us...that is abiding love...So excited you get to have your son home....