Thursday, December 3, 2009

Fix Our Eyes

Today draws to a close
and I am aware that when I sleep and rise again, it is the day that my pastor will be having surgery to remove a tumor from his brain.
Wow.
Many thoughts and emotions have occurred since I received this news.
And many have been the conversations with others who are experiencing similar feelings.
I have had deep conversation with a dear friend, a new believer.
Her faith was rocked...for a time.
She seeks, God answers.
Even those who have walked a long time on the journey of faith in Jesus have struggled to remain steadfast.
We are not alone.
But, all in all,
we have hope.
Claiming this verse today...
Therefore we do not lose heart.
Though outwardly we are wasting away,
yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.
For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us
an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen,
but on what is unseen.
For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal
2 Corinthians 4:16-18
Fixing my eyes....

No comments: