Monday, January 11, 2010

Project 365 Week 34

Week 34 has come and gone and I was a little lax about taking my photos.
It was so cold in Texas (ranging from 14 to 28 degrees) for so many days that I found myself lacking motivation.
Go figure.

Tuesday, January 5
The group of friends - we call each other Warrior Chicks - came over for meeting 2 of
Beth Moore's Bible Study on Esther, It's Tough Being a Woman.
This group of friends all met at a summer Bible Study nearly 3 years ago.
The Bible Study is long over and we represent 3 different church homes,
but we still meet monthly for fellowship.
We recently decided that we wanted to do this study together.
Somehow I was elected to lead.
hmmmmm....
Anyway, we had a great time....


Wednesday, January 6
On my way out the door, BEFORE I put my coat on.
I don't ever need to dress like this in Texas....
but it has been so, so cold!
YUCK!

Friday, January 8
My hubby received a gift certificate for this old time saloon and steak house as a Christmas gift.
He and I drove the 1 1/2 hour south to have dinner.
We had a very nice time!
Instead of driving home, we got a hotel room and spent the night.
We had a lovely relaxing morning, sleeping in, lingering over breakfast and coffee, reading, and planning our menu for the week.
(we are doing the Daniel fast)

Look at this cutie!

Appetizers and drinks.....

Saturday, January 9
We had a beautiful drive home.
The skies were clear and downtown Dallas looked beautiful.

Here is the old Cowboys stadium, still in the demolition stage.
(Go Cowboys...they killed the Eagles on this night!)

Sunday, January 10
My good friend Jo Anne and I are attending Leadership Training
at the Village Church.
She and I are both being obedient to God's call - becoming Home Group leaders.
It is fun but sad because we have been in the same home group for a year and a half,
now we will be leading two different groups.
But, we will remain prayer partners and fellow encouragers!
She is going to make a wonderful leader!

I hope that your week was as blessed as mine!


No comments: