Saturday, January 16, 2010

Video Update from Matt Chandler

Some of you have asked how my pastor is doing. He just finished his third week of radiation and has three more. He also is about to finish his third week of chemotherapy, and has three more. He is doing good, he is upbeat, and relying on God.
God uses this in the lives of all of us at The Village Church, and even in the lives of people all over the world. I am learning my own lessons from God as I ask Him to reveal the work He wants to do in me in this circumstance.
One of the things I am in awe over is that Matt and his family have decided to suffer this trial and battle this battle publicly. This decision of Matt's has helped me learn a great deal about honesty, about trust in God and others, and heal from some past hurts that involved dishonesty and secrets in church leadership. What a refreshing change.
And I have determined where I fall in the question, "Is God so sovereign that He won't change His mind?" He is absolutely sovereign, yes, and He does change His mind! Both examples are all through scripture!
I, along with thousands of others, are praying for the complete healing of our Godly, and well-loved, pastor Matt.
(and yes, Matt is preaching the messages currently, for as long as he can.)

Click on the link below to view Matt's video.

Video Update from Matt Chandler

No comments: