Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Diversity



I have been thinking recently about ethnic diversity. Rebecca, my daughter, has several friends. One of her very best friends is a beautiful Korean girl. Another one of her best friends is a fellow flutist, who happens to be a lovely young African American girl. One day recently, I saw the three of them together and realized what a beautiful picture of diversity they are. I told Rebecca I wanted the other two girls to come over soon so that I could take some photos of them. I want to frame a large picture and put it in my home, as art, and as a symbol of the total beauty of the three of them, united in friendship, and diverse in culture.

I love it. It is beautiful. I thank God for my daughter (and others) who see people for who they are. Beautiful.

No comments: