Skip to main content
In just a few hours I will be on an airplane to start the highly anticipated trip to Virginia. I covet your prayers for safety, but more importantly that I will follow God as He leads me into closure and healing while I am there. Much pain is associated with this trip that I have worked on letting go of since my relocation to Texas. In fact, the pain had almost clouded my memories enough to cause me forget the wonderful and beautiful things that happened while I lived there. I look forward to rejoicing over the wonderful friends that have remained loyal, loving, and supportive and they walked with me on this journey. I look forward SO MUCH to the beach time with my family and close friend, Tina, who will join me there. I am eager and excited to enjoy the rides at Busch Gardens, where we spent day after day for many years, remembering many lovely memories with many different friends as we screamed, and ran, and roller-coastered our way through fun times together.

I pray for the many situations that I leave in God's care while I am away. My mother is recovering from recent surgery.

My father in law is battling cancer, going to treatments every day.

My dear friend, Ashley, who is caring for her husband who took a 30 feet fall from a tree on Saturday.

My other sweet friend, Kim, who lost her job yesterday.

And many other circumstances that I am lifting up in prayer as I leave for this trip. If you would, please join me in lifting all of this up to the mighty God who cares for all of us with a love we cannot even imagine.

See you in a week..........

~Liz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unexpected

Sometimes, things just don't happen like we expect. Occasionally, the unexpected is a nice surprise, but sometimes the unexpected can turn an event, circumstance, or even a life, upside down. Last week, my daughter and I went to spend Spring Break with family. Our flight was lovely, the weather perfect, and we were looking forward to a stress free week. The first thing we did was eat lunch at one of our favorite Thai restaurants. As usual, we looked forward to our fortune cookies. We took turns reading and laughing...and then my daughter opened hers - "Be prepared for a change in plans." Uh-oh. We didn't like this one but we decided our week would be stress free and fun in spite of what a cookie said. Continuing on through out the day, all was well until that night. I sat outside on the porch of a friend I have known for 35 years and received news that changed something I have believed for 30 years. The words were horrible and made me so ill that I got sick within min...

I Close My Eyes

Well, I did it. I took the writer's challenge at a blog that I have been lurking around for some time. I found this blog through Laura at Wellblog 's place and have been enthralled ever since. I have dabbled in poetry on and off. Written some invitations, cards, and even a few song lyrics (for fun) but have been hesitant to post any. (roaring lion? see below post ) With the encouragement of a friend, I decided to take the challenge on L.L.Barkat's blog, in a lesson on seeing. I chose a subject that is cherished, a memory that was real and something close to my heart. The beach. Many, many days were spent at the beach in the 12 years I lived on the Southern Virginia coast. The memories are real, and when.......... I close my eyes and I can still see the beach. The endless spans of water Sometimes blue, green, or gray. It moves Gently and Violently Bubbles rise and falling forward. On and on. I close my eyes and I can still hear the crash Of tidal movement As earth slowly spi...

Birthday!

Today is a special day. It is the first day of my last year in my forty's. I am a little anxious about this, but overall, excited. There is something about knowing that 50 is one year away that causes me to experience a deeper motivation to live life to the fullest. Yesterday, I resigned from my current position. Fifteen months ago I accepted a position with a group of cardiologists in Dallas, thinking that it would be a good move to bring more satisfaction in my work life. Long story short, it did not turn out that way. (I don't think that was even a short story, but bear with me.) Although I met some people that I really liked, and enjoyed working with the doctors in that practice, it just really did not satisfy my desire to learn, to lead, and to make a difference. I have tried hard not to complain, and only a few close friends know how I really felt about my job there and I have prayed fervently (and with others) that God would open the door to an opportunity more su...