Monday, June 30, 2008

Do Good


A few years ago, one of my co-workers gave me one of those daily flip devotional calendars. I am very grateful for her and for the calendar since often times, God uses the calendar to help me remember Him through out the day. Occasionally a work related situation becomes easier to handle, or I am reminded that I represent God in my office as well as in my home and with my outside relationships. Today, however; was a reminder for my current attitude about life in general. Today, I am aware that my thinking is negative and am having a difficult time seeing all persons through the eyes of God. Too often my behavior has not been reflective of Christ in my life, nor has been the way other's have behaved toward me. God planted a beautiful reminder in front of me today as I read the thoughts that are on today's calendar.

Joyfully and with all desire to do good, I share the words of Anne Graham Lotz.

When God "breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being" (Genesis 2:7), all human life became sacred because it came directly from God. Whether a person is a murderer on death row or the most beloved person in town, each one is to be treated with respect if for no other reason than human life comes from God...

There is absolutely no room for prejudice of any kind in a life that follows the Creator's directions.

Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
Gal. 6:10

No comments: