Friday, November 21, 2008

ABC's of the Word - R - (a day late)

Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift. Matthew 5:23-24

God has given me plenty of opportunity to put this word of His into action. Sometimes, sadly, I have fallen short.
Recently, I have understood this verse with deeper meaning.
After failing here, I found the consequences of disobedience to be more painful than the discomfort of going.
And I have felt the sting of refused reconciliation by a fellow sister in Christ.
I pray that this verse will remain engraved on my heart, so that when the opportunity arrives again, I will be quick to go and be reconciled.

God is the God of reconciliation.
He is the God of relationship.
He is the God of righteousness.
And He is the God of rejoicing.



For more ABC's of the Word
visit
Grey Like Snuffie

No comments: