Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sweet Memories

This evening, my home feels sweet and comfortable, even though I had to order pizza delivery for dinner and suitcases are still on the floor.

I am safe. I am loved. I am warm.

The past few days are filled with emotion, memories, love, and sadness. We said good bye to our dear Dad, Father-in-law, Grandpa. We reminisced over the many wonderful ways he loved us, he loved life, he taught, and he helped.

Funerals are difficult, but they are also good. Good for the family to gather, to rejoice in the knowledge of our loved one going to be with our Jesus, to laugh and cry over a life well lived. A time for the family to connect, to love, to comfort, and to say "I love you" over and over...all in the same day, the same hour, the same moment.

We all go back to our daily lives now. Remembering.

We have big plans for Thanksgiving. Many, many of us will re-gather. And we will party. We will eat and we will rejoice. We will love, and comfort and say "I love you" over and over again.


You can read some about Bob by clicking: Robert Russell

2 comments:

pam said...

It is such a gift when the world seems so uncertain or life seems topsy turvey to be able to come home and find His peace.

Paula V said...

Rejoicing with you over the joy in the midst of the pain.