Saturday, December 27, 2008

Safe and Warm




These days are like being in a cocoon.
I am with family and close friends. My cell phone has been off. I have checked email very irregularly. My days are filled with cooking, visiting, fragrances of candles and food. There is music in the air, laughter, humming, and fun.
Today, I left this safe place, out into the world to buy more groceries. It was like another planet. Reality. Cars. Money. Strangers.
I couldn't wait to get back to the warmth of home. Family. What is familiar. Safe.
My mind wonders.
Just a few more days, our son goes back to the east, with his girl friend.
Work, school....life.
I like my life, it is good.
But this cocoon is so safe, so full of love.
Gratefulness fills my heart for times like this when all I need is all I want.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Sounds sooo nice, Liz. Our cocoon, unfortunately, was inflicted by illness! I think Someone was trying to get my attention! Lesson learned. It's all about HIm.

Hope it was sweet...

luv,
laura

Cindy said...

January is my cocoon time as I decompress after the holidays. I'm happy to have found your blog through Lelia's. I'll be back to read more about your life.

Blessings,

Cindy

Tina said...

So good to know you are happy and resting. Life has been hard, our Father knows just what we need when we need it.

Anonymous said...

Hey Liz,

Just checking in with some of my blog friends...it has been a while. Looks and sounds like you had a heart-filled Christmas with your family.

Happy New Year!

hugs,
Kim