Skip to main content

Project 365 Week 23

Hello there!
And welcome to week 23 of my 365 Project.
One picture a day for a year!
Challenging?
Yes!
Fun?
Sometimes!
But the purpose...
to open my eyes to the things that I might not see in my every day life
things worth remembering...

Here we go!

Monday, October 19
It has been my goal to lose weight and for about 4 months, I have been doing just that.
(total so far...about 20 pounds)
One of the things that I have learned is that planning healthy meals is an ABSOLUTE MUST
in order for me to make healthy choices.
So, I have several cookbooks that I use.
The photograph on the top book is what I made for dinner on Monday.

Tuesday, October 20
We had a baby shower at work today. I took a picture of this really cute cake.
Since nobody else had a camera, I ended up being the photographer for the shower.
And no, I didn't have any cake.
:)
Wednesday, October 21
One of the biggest challenges to doing this project are the days that I go to work, go to the gym, come home to cook dinner, take care of my evening chores, and go to bed.
Wednesday was one of those days.
So, this is my desk at work. I have settled in a little bit more than the first picture I took of this desk on my first day at this new job.


Thursday, October 22
Oh, how I have been waiting and waiting for this day to get here!!!!!
Me, and two of my really, really good friends
(you have seen them on here before...Tricia & Marla)
went to see THIRD DAY in concert!
This band has been one of my favorites for almost 15 years!
I love...can I say it loud enough...LOVE! this band.
Extra special - it was Tricia's very first Christian Concert!
And she loved it!
We had an awesome, wonderful time of worship, admiring, singing, dancing, hugging, crying, loving, and thanking God for His glorious blessings!
(and yes...we were that close to the stage!
That is Mac Powell on the left and Mark Lee on the right!)

Friday, October 23
My hubby and his best friend...and a big bunch of guys...all went to a big fly in
in Reklaw,TX.
It is an annual event and a tradition for Fred, Dan, and several others.
Lori, my BFF and Dan's wife, we did what we like to do....shop!
This is the roof at one of the malls near our house, and the mall the houses one of the stores that Lori and I love to shop in. They were having a sale...we were all there!

Saturday, October 23
Rebecca had her friend, Suzy, over to spend the night. They have been friends since 7th grade and for some of that time, inseparable. There have been some hard times in their friendship, but love and loyalty wins out. It was great having both of them around for the weekend!

Sunday, October 25
My friend, Ashley's son, Collin's baseball team was having a fundraiser.
They were selling pansies!
I bought some and planted them today.
The weather was beautiful and so are the pansies!
Texas is the only place I have lived that I know, I KNOW, that the pansies will stay alive all winter long. It just doesn't freeze for long enough to kill them.
After I planted the pansies, I took a really long nap!
What a perfect weekend,
and a lovely week.

I hope yours was too!
Love,

Comments

H-Mama said…
you're right. quite a lovely week. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

The Unexpected

Sometimes, things just don't happen like we expect. Occasionally, the unexpected is a nice surprise, but sometimes the unexpected can turn an event, circumstance, or even a life, upside down. Last week, my daughter and I went to spend Spring Break with family. Our flight was lovely, the weather perfect, and we were looking forward to a stress free week. The first thing we did was eat lunch at one of our favorite Thai restaurants. As usual, we looked forward to our fortune cookies. We took turns reading and laughing...and then my daughter opened hers - "Be prepared for a change in plans." Uh-oh. We didn't like this one but we decided our week would be stress free and fun in spite of what a cookie said. Continuing on through out the day, all was well until that night. I sat outside on the porch of a friend I have known for 35 years and received news that changed something I have believed for 30 years. The words were horrible and made me so ill that I got sick within min...

I Close My Eyes

Well, I did it. I took the writer's challenge at a blog that I have been lurking around for some time. I found this blog through Laura at Wellblog 's place and have been enthralled ever since. I have dabbled in poetry on and off. Written some invitations, cards, and even a few song lyrics (for fun) but have been hesitant to post any. (roaring lion? see below post ) With the encouragement of a friend, I decided to take the challenge on L.L.Barkat's blog, in a lesson on seeing. I chose a subject that is cherished, a memory that was real and something close to my heart. The beach. Many, many days were spent at the beach in the 12 years I lived on the Southern Virginia coast. The memories are real, and when.......... I close my eyes and I can still see the beach. The endless spans of water Sometimes blue, green, or gray. It moves Gently and Violently Bubbles rise and falling forward. On and on. I close my eyes and I can still hear the crash Of tidal movement As earth slowly spi...

Behind Those Eyes - Chapter 8

We are completely loved and accepted completely. That is the chapter title this week and it is such good news! It is news that I have heard before, but news that I was glad to hear again. Lisa's story at the end of the chapter touched my heart...you know, the one where she woke up the morning after her prayer asking God to let her know that they were okay. The song in her head, that really was in her heart is awesome. I have had those times. Recently, I have had quite a few. The last few months (years maybe?) have been a little difficult. Some days I have wondered, "Does He REALLY love me?" And then some sort of confirmation will come along, He will let me know that we are okay and my heart sings. His love is gentle. His love is perfect. His love is comforting. And his love is absolutely unconditional. My blog time is shortened this week due the death in my family. My post is short, but honest and heartfelt. This week, I had a couple of conversations with a good...