Monday, November 2, 2009

Project 365 Week 24

Wow!
Another week has flown by.
And I really don't want to say, "I have been so busy!"
but I have been busy...
just not a bad sort of busy,
but doing things that I want to do sort of busy!

Monday, October 26
I had my regular check up with my family doctor today.
She has a salt water aquarium in her waiting room.
I love it!

Tuesday, October 27
The sun has finally come out in Texas!
This is a photo of a plant that my husband planted to attract butterflies.
I don't know what it is. He has told me and I can't remember, so I took a picture of it so that I could look it up. If I read about it, I might remember.
Wednesday, October 28
This is a "cheater" photo...it wasn't really taken on Wednesday, but a little later in the week...
oh well.
Rebecca is doing well in her driving.
So well, I let her drive my car!

Thursday, October 29
This is my favorite for the week.
I am taking a pottery class!
It is something that I have always wanted to do.
This is the start of my "God box"
A God box is something that I use to write down concerns, prayer requests, etc, that I want to turn over to God. I put these sentences on a piece of paper and place them in my God box.
Then I quit worrying about them.
It is just a visual exercise, but it helps me. If I start to obsess over something in my God box, I go get the paper out of the box and replace it when I am ready to turn it over again.

Friday, October 30
The Flower Mound Showdown was this night...the two Flower Mound High School football teams play each other in football.
We have to rent another stadium for this game. It is usually the Dallas Cowboys Stadium, but this year, due to the brand new stadium, we were not able to get it. Maybe next year.
Anyway, this is part of the flute section preparing to go into the stadium and start the game!

Saturday, October 31
Trick or Treat!
This is my neighbor's daughter and her son. They have been very special to us and it was good to see them!

Sunday, November 1
Rebecca and I had a mother daughter date. We did a little shopping and then I took her out to eat at the restaurant of her choice. We ate at Red Robin. I have always loved the lighting in this place! If I could figure out a way to use these lights in my house, I would!

Happy November!
Blessings,

3 comments:

pam said...

So cool about the pottery class.. I would love to do that some day. I'll help you out with the bush...we call it a Butterfly bush. :o) I vaguely remember it has another name but can't remember right now...around here everyone knows what you're talking about when you say, Butterfly Bush.

Joy Junktion said...

Love the pics...good for you taking the pottery class...I need to do something for me...never have enough time to breath deeply let alone enjoy a hobby...maybe after the wedding and holidays...
Blessings, Cindy

Paula V said...

I love me some photos for sure. These are good. It's a butterfly bush. Remember a bush that attracts butterflies = a butterfly bush. I know this because they are prevalent in our areas. My gramma has several. I had a couple but they didnt' do well after I transplanted.

I love the blue fish in the tank. How cool and relaxing for the doc's waiting room.