Whoever belittles his neighbor lacks sense, but a man of understanding remains silent.
- Proverbs 11:12
After chuckling for a few minutes, I began to think about remaining silent and being a (wo)man of silence. I really like to talk and there used to be a time that I was not so aware of when I was"belittling my neighbor". God has gotten a hold of me in this area, but sometimes I am still tempted...expecially at work. There are days that drama and talking "bad" about others in the office seem to go on and on and on. During these seasons in my office, I do a lot of praying. We are in that season now so last week, I printed and displayed this post on the wall above my desk.
Boy, have I ever needed it.
It has helped...me.
But I do wish I could post it on everyone else's desk!
So...here we go!
1. I am so looking forward to having a long weekend this weekend that I can hardly stand it.
2. I have a hard time waiting until later.
3. When you get old, it is important to take care of yourself.
4. God is a big part of my life.
5. If you need anything you are probably going to have to ask.
6. I am so envious because my daughter is going to Destin, FL on a spring break trip (without me).
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to dinner and a movie tomorrow my plans include cycling, and spending some time working in the yard, and Sunday, I want to go to worship services, relax in the afternoon! If the weather is nice, I might take a ride in our new plane!
Have a great weekend!