Skip to main content

52 Foto Fun - Mother's Day

Yeah, yeah, yeah...
I know.
Mother's Day is long since over.
But the love still lingers in my heart.
And posting my 52 weeks of Foto Fun,
I wanted to share some of my favorite Mother's Day memories.

I think it is the most wonderful thing in the world that my 16 year old daughter still makes me home-made cards!
They are truly the best!
And this one must win some sort of award!

I love...did I say love? Yes, LOVE fresh corn on the cob that has been grilled.
We could not even wait until dinner was served before we started digging in!
My hubby and son are fantastic cooks!

Delicious!

We are all sitting down for dinner, but there is one person missing from the table...
Adam!
He was in Washington DC.
:(
So, we took this very sad photo and sent it to him via text message.
We miss you, Adam!
And we can't wait for you to move here!!!!!!

Fred picked roses for all of us and we wore them in our hair.
All of us,
even the guys!

After dinner, I was blessed to spend a little porch swing time with my two "other daughters".
Thien, Adam's girlfriend and Sofi, Aaron's girlfriend.
They are both so wonderful!

I got a new camera for my Mother's Day gift!
So, I tried it out on the flowers that I planted on Mother's Day.
Same photo, different settings on the camera.
Still learning, but these were my first two photos.


What an absolutely perfect day!
So blessed~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unexpected

Sometimes, things just don't happen like we expect. Occasionally, the unexpected is a nice surprise, but sometimes the unexpected can turn an event, circumstance, or even a life, upside down. Last week, my daughter and I went to spend Spring Break with family. Our flight was lovely, the weather perfect, and we were looking forward to a stress free week. The first thing we did was eat lunch at one of our favorite Thai restaurants. As usual, we looked forward to our fortune cookies. We took turns reading and laughing...and then my daughter opened hers - "Be prepared for a change in plans." Uh-oh. We didn't like this one but we decided our week would be stress free and fun in spite of what a cookie said. Continuing on through out the day, all was well until that night. I sat outside on the porch of a friend I have known for 35 years and received news that changed something I have believed for 30 years. The words were horrible and made me so ill that I got sick within min...

ABC's of the Word - Y

It's Thursday! I love Thursdays because I take special time to ponder and pray about the verses in God's word that have meant a lot to me as I walk with Him. I was excited to get to "Y" because of of my very favorite scriptures begins with "Y", using the word "Your" as we talk to God about how wonderful His love is. This particular scripture is one that I go to whenever I feel that I have wondered away from Him and it is a song (by Third Day) that I sing when I want to praise Him for how deep, how wide, how big His love really is! More than I can imagine! Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies. Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the great deep. O LORD, you preserve both man and beast. How priceless is your unfailing love! Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings. Psalm 36:5-7 (NIV) For more ABC's of the Word visit Grey Like Snuffie

I Close My Eyes

Well, I did it. I took the writer's challenge at a blog that I have been lurking around for some time. I found this blog through Laura at Wellblog 's place and have been enthralled ever since. I have dabbled in poetry on and off. Written some invitations, cards, and even a few song lyrics (for fun) but have been hesitant to post any. (roaring lion? see below post ) With the encouragement of a friend, I decided to take the challenge on L.L.Barkat's blog, in a lesson on seeing. I chose a subject that is cherished, a memory that was real and something close to my heart. The beach. Many, many days were spent at the beach in the 12 years I lived on the Southern Virginia coast. The memories are real, and when.......... I close my eyes and I can still see the beach. The endless spans of water Sometimes blue, green, or gray. It moves Gently and Violently Bubbles rise and falling forward. On and on. I close my eyes and I can still hear the crash Of tidal movement As earth slowly spi...