Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Made to Crave - Lysa TerKeurst

Especially since I entered my 40's, I have noticed that the pounds keep pounding upon my body! Two years ago, I started taking exercise much more seriously and eating healthier choices, generally speaking, and by making these two changes, managed to drop 25 of the extra pounds that were weighing me down. But that was a year and a half ago, and I have another 20 that I just keep holding on to! I have evaluated it, prayed about it, found accountability partners, tried diets, pills, etc., but this last 20 pounds seems to be permanantly fixed to my body! AGH! It seems there is more involved than just my love of food, eating, and cooking, but that there is a spiritual problem going on here. Could I have allowed food to become an idol? A "friend" that I turn to when I want comfort?

I love the title of Lysa TerKeurst's new book, Made to Crave. It releases soon and I cannot wait to read it! Check out this little video! You might want to read it too. (just sayin'....)



No comments: