Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Heart to Heart


It is that time again and I am counting down the hours. The annual Heart to Heart retreat is this weekend.

My heart and soul longs for the opportunity to retreat with God, to experience peace and quiet and the chance to listen to what He has to say, without interruption and with intention. It has been a tough year. Serenity and the peace of God is my focus and my goal. Instead of dreams of hurt and rejection, I long for dreams of love and joy. Instead of waking with the pang of regret, I yearn for excitement for the future. I know that He can give me these things, and even though every day is a little easier, it is still a challenge, a conscious effort. I am hoping that this weekend will allow me the next level of healing and the courage that I need to change what I can and accept what I can't.

I can't wait to get my "word". I can't wait to see friends. I can't wait to spend time with my mom. I can't wait to evaluate how far I have come in my recovery. I can't wait to eat the fantastic food. I can't wait to throw certain situations in the fire to burn up as I let go of what I cannot change. I can't wait to hear the speakers. I can't wait to see the Ozark mountains, to smell the fresh, clean air. I can't wait to sleep in the dorm. I can't wait to write in my journal.

I can't wait to see what God has to show me, to tell me, to teach me, and to challenge me.

Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.
Psalm 46:10

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

yay

Anonymous said...

I pray you will have a wonderful retreat! Enjoy yourself and your time with Him and others who love Him.