Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Small World and Big God


I love God!

He does some pretty amazing things when I least expect it!

If you have been reading my blog, or if you know me very well, you might guess that I have felt just a little lonely as of late. It is somewhat ridiculous since I am surrounded by people most of the time, but having just experienced a huge loss of someone very special and very close to me, there is a large hole in my heart that I wonder what to do with sometimes.

So, I pray that God will bless me with people in my life that I can minister to, who will help me, who will walk with me as I grow and take care of myself.

Having lived in this area for only three years, I don't know a lot of people and I have gone many, many, many places and never run into a soul that I know or even recognize.

But last week, I went to visit my new "Home Group" and found my massage therapist is part of the group! Which means she also is part of my church! That was too cool!

Then, I went to a meeting at church and ran into my former Weight Watchers meeting leader. I took that as a sign and went back to that meeting for a little personal health and accountability.

I attended my second meeting tonight and guess what? I ran into a dear friend of mine from last years Bible Study. We still meet every now and then for fellowship, but what a wonderful blessing to have a friend at the meeting that I will attend. And it is funny, because I was just talking to a different friend, who said the one thing she never developed at Weight Watchers was a "friend." God is good, He gave me one that I already know.

From there I went to Target to get a Baby Shower gift and I ran into my doctor. I am laughing out loud by this time, say hello thinking she would hurriedly speak and move on, but she struck up a conversation with me that lasted a little while.

I am ending my day feeling remarkably blessed by a God who clearly loves me and gives me the desires of my heart. And...I feel like I am part of the community. This is my home, until I go to my Father's house in heaven...for now this is where I live and belong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you, Liz. You are my friend and I am yours.