Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Behind The Eyes

An entire year has passed since God had me working on authenticity. If you were to read many of my blog entries from last fall, you would know that He was giving me quite a lesson on being real. I do think it is rather ironic that it was almost exactly a year ago, and He has brought me right back to the same lesson. Now I think it is because I have gone over the edge...I have not been respectful as I have spoken very honestly which has brought pain to others. So, when I saw that my blog friend, Lelia, was hosting the book Behind The Eyes by Lisa Whittle for the Blog Bible Study, I checked out the author's blog (Check it out here), liked what I saw, and signed up on Lelia's Blog.
I am looking forward to reading this book and learning more about Godly authenticity. I yearn for relationships that are real, where honesty is priority, and love like the love of God is what is exchanged. Why is it so difficult to be who we really are? Why does it seem that when we are, we are sometimes judged and rejected? This brings about more fear of being real and we become more and more fake, plastic, and afraid. Ok, so I am being a little cynical here, but it does seem like this is what happens more often than it should. I pray that the book will help me take my relationships to the next level of genuine intimacy. I pray that because of it that I will become more like Christ.
If you are interested, check it out yourself.

1 comment:

Lelia Chealey said...

Liz,
You are so awesome!! I'm so thrilled that you are going to be joining in and can't wait to see what God lays on your sweet heart to share with us.

Being real is so tough, but when it comes to God...so worth it!
love ya,
Lelia