Skip to main content

Friday Fill-Ins



1. Scholar-shipping someone for a ladies retreat was my last random act of kindness.
2. Another place, another time I might have done a few things differently.
3. I trust God to work on me in matters of the heart.
4. Coffee, tea or wine, a great glass of Merlot?
5. Some people that I love have decided to walk separate paths. It makes me sad, but I walk on without them.
6. Our crazy world reminds me that there is a better place waiting for me.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to dinner with my family and then over to a friend, Charrie's, house for fellowhip and fun, tomorrow my plans include my weekly Step Study class, shopping for flowers with my good friend, Kim, and then putting them in the pots and or ground! Saturday evening we will attend worship services and Sunday, I want to rest, read, and renew my soul!
For More Friday Fill-Ins click below:

Comments

Cindy said…
I think I'll try this too. I wanted to write a post but I'm totally uninspired today.
Paula V said…
I love the graphic. I've never seen that on the few Friday Fill-ins that I've read.
Laura said…
I love the wisdom you speak about trusting God, about another place another time, and a Better place.

Beautiful thoughts.

Enjoy your weekend, friend!
Shauna said…
Hi Liz,

Thanks so much for commenting over at my blog. So glad my sister's website could touch you - it does that for me every day!
Love your blog!

See you around town maybe!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Unexpected

Sometimes, things just don't happen like we expect. Occasionally, the unexpected is a nice surprise, but sometimes the unexpected can turn an event, circumstance, or even a life, upside down. Last week, my daughter and I went to spend Spring Break with family. Our flight was lovely, the weather perfect, and we were looking forward to a stress free week. The first thing we did was eat lunch at one of our favorite Thai restaurants. As usual, we looked forward to our fortune cookies. We took turns reading and laughing...and then my daughter opened hers - "Be prepared for a change in plans." Uh-oh. We didn't like this one but we decided our week would be stress free and fun in spite of what a cookie said. Continuing on through out the day, all was well until that night. I sat outside on the porch of a friend I have known for 35 years and received news that changed something I have believed for 30 years. The words were horrible and made me so ill that I got sick within min...

I Close My Eyes

Well, I did it. I took the writer's challenge at a blog that I have been lurking around for some time. I found this blog through Laura at Wellblog 's place and have been enthralled ever since. I have dabbled in poetry on and off. Written some invitations, cards, and even a few song lyrics (for fun) but have been hesitant to post any. (roaring lion? see below post ) With the encouragement of a friend, I decided to take the challenge on L.L.Barkat's blog, in a lesson on seeing. I chose a subject that is cherished, a memory that was real and something close to my heart. The beach. Many, many days were spent at the beach in the 12 years I lived on the Southern Virginia coast. The memories are real, and when.......... I close my eyes and I can still see the beach. The endless spans of water Sometimes blue, green, or gray. It moves Gently and Violently Bubbles rise and falling forward. On and on. I close my eyes and I can still hear the crash Of tidal movement As earth slowly spi...

Birthday!

Today is a special day. It is the first day of my last year in my forty's. I am a little anxious about this, but overall, excited. There is something about knowing that 50 is one year away that causes me to experience a deeper motivation to live life to the fullest. Yesterday, I resigned from my current position. Fifteen months ago I accepted a position with a group of cardiologists in Dallas, thinking that it would be a good move to bring more satisfaction in my work life. Long story short, it did not turn out that way. (I don't think that was even a short story, but bear with me.) Although I met some people that I really liked, and enjoyed working with the doctors in that practice, it just really did not satisfy my desire to learn, to lead, and to make a difference. I have tried hard not to complain, and only a few close friends know how I really felt about my job there and I have prayed fervently (and with others) that God would open the door to an opportunity more su...