Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spring Break = Blog Break

The retreat that I just returned from was full of fun, insight, prayer, and empowerment. Sixteen of us went through the Spiritual Gifts Inventory, Network. My mind is challenged, my heart is full, and I am excited to have been given insight as to how God has gifted me to participate in the church. (Wisdom, Shepherding, Discernment) Confirmation came as to gifts that I was already aware of, and some new ones have grown closer to the top. I am excited and ready to use what He has given me. Time with my "home girls" was sweet. Having my dear friend, Ashley, join us was such a blessing!

Tomorrow, my daughter and I take our annual trip to Tulsa. I will catch up with my BFF, Kyle...the maid of honor in my wedding. I lost touch with her for about 16 years, but we have reunited and I am so excited to spend tomorrow with her! On Tuesday, my mom, daughter and myself will travel to Missouri to visit my uncle and aunt. This trip is such a special time for me and my daughter for many reasons. When we return to Tulsa, I will see my sister and my sweet little niece. I can't wait to kiss her sweet cheeks!

I will take a blog break during this time. I have a lot to do and a lot to think about. While I am away, I will complete my fourth step inventory. This work is difficult, but so healing. I know I am exactly where I should be and my God is an awesome God!

Blessings and I will see you when I get back!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Oh, friend! Have a blessed time! I will miss you. I have still been sick, this one has been a bad one. Long story, but, God willing, I'm on the mend. I miss all my bloggy buddies. Just haven't even been able to clickety clack, I felt so bad.

Anyway, I'm sending you traveling mercies and looking forwrd to hearing more about those gifts you discovered!

pam said...

Oh gripes...now I can't remember if I ever got back to you about Springfield...I loose track of time so easily these days. Hope your week is beautiful and lots of fun!

Cindy said...

Enjoy your break. I took a class at our church a while back on spiritual gifts and discernment was also one of mine. Teaching was the other.