Skip to main content

Did I Really Say That?

Yep...I said it.

I told my friend that I would participate in a triathlon with her next April.

Training...here I come!
Serious training.

The cycle thing is good because I am already cycling about 40 miles per week.

I have run a 5k before, think I can do it again.

But the swimming?

Not too sure about this one! But I will be getting in the water and giving it a shot.

I have 5 months to get ready!

Comments

pam said…
You go girl...that is so cool!
H-Mama said…
Oh my! You go, girl! How fun to do this with a friend!

Popular posts from this blog

The Unexpected

Sometimes, things just don't happen like we expect. Occasionally, the unexpected is a nice surprise, but sometimes the unexpected can turn an event, circumstance, or even a life, upside down. Last week, my daughter and I went to spend Spring Break with family. Our flight was lovely, the weather perfect, and we were looking forward to a stress free week. The first thing we did was eat lunch at one of our favorite Thai restaurants. As usual, we looked forward to our fortune cookies. We took turns reading and laughing...and then my daughter opened hers - "Be prepared for a change in plans." Uh-oh. We didn't like this one but we decided our week would be stress free and fun in spite of what a cookie said. Continuing on through out the day, all was well until that night. I sat outside on the porch of a friend I have known for 35 years and received news that changed something I have believed for 30 years. The words were horrible and made me so ill that I got sick within min...

I Close My Eyes

Well, I did it. I took the writer's challenge at a blog that I have been lurking around for some time. I found this blog through Laura at Wellblog 's place and have been enthralled ever since. I have dabbled in poetry on and off. Written some invitations, cards, and even a few song lyrics (for fun) but have been hesitant to post any. (roaring lion? see below post ) With the encouragement of a friend, I decided to take the challenge on L.L.Barkat's blog, in a lesson on seeing. I chose a subject that is cherished, a memory that was real and something close to my heart. The beach. Many, many days were spent at the beach in the 12 years I lived on the Southern Virginia coast. The memories are real, and when.......... I close my eyes and I can still see the beach. The endless spans of water Sometimes blue, green, or gray. It moves Gently and Violently Bubbles rise and falling forward. On and on. I close my eyes and I can still hear the crash Of tidal movement As earth slowly spi...

Behind Those Eyes - Chapter 8

We are completely loved and accepted completely. That is the chapter title this week and it is such good news! It is news that I have heard before, but news that I was glad to hear again. Lisa's story at the end of the chapter touched my heart...you know, the one where she woke up the morning after her prayer asking God to let her know that they were okay. The song in her head, that really was in her heart is awesome. I have had those times. Recently, I have had quite a few. The last few months (years maybe?) have been a little difficult. Some days I have wondered, "Does He REALLY love me?" And then some sort of confirmation will come along, He will let me know that we are okay and my heart sings. His love is gentle. His love is perfect. His love is comforting. And his love is absolutely unconditional. My blog time is shortened this week due the death in my family. My post is short, but honest and heartfelt. This week, I had a couple of conversations with a good...