Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Multitude Monday, One Thousand Gifts, 11-20

I know that it is Tuesday. But yesterday, which was Monday, I was enjoying a day at the Texas State Fair with my beautiful daughter. During the day, God gifted me many times, which will be a few of my one thousand gifts.

11. My 16 and a half year old daughter will spend the day with her momma at the State Fair – no friends, just mother and daughter.

12. That my aging body is still able to ride rides that spin, twirl and go real fast.

13. The wind in my hair as I hang upside down briefly, while looking at a crowd of observers on the ground below.

14. Hearing my daughter laugh beside me as we fly through the air, in circles.

15. Fletchers Corn Dogs

16. Frozen Lemonade

17. Clip on sunglasses

18. Cell phones, so we didn’t loose each other while I was in line for tickets and she was in ride for a line.

19. Having the opportunity to be way up high, not feel sick, and see things from a different point of view. (wow…how it must look from God’s perspective!)

20. Bubble baths – which my daughter and I both took when we returned home.


Enjoy!

2 comments:

pam said...

Fun, fun, fun....I hear that state fair is the land of FRIED everything. :o) Isn't it such an amazing gift when our kids still like to hang out with us. YAY!!!!

The Dementia Nurse said...

Hi Liz! I loved this post. It is always so delightful when we stop and notice the little gifts we receive every day. Thanks for reminding me to do the same!