Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Kisses From An Enemy

When I woke up this morning, my heart was racing, I was shaky and sweaty, and I felt downright terrified. As I lay in my warm and comfortable bed I realized that I had been dreaming when the alarm went off. The last thing I remember from my dream is leaving a room full of people and a person stopped me to kiss me goodbye. I was startled when I realized that the person who did this in the dream is someone who has called me "Enemy" and someone who I daily choose forgiveness toward.

The kiss was a simple one on the cheek. The scene is still clear in my mind. I had turned to go and said person called out my name which caused me to turn around. There he stood with his arms stretched out and as I approached him, he embraced me and kissed me on the cheek. The next thing I remember is the alarm going off.

The alarm on the clock is not the only alarm going off today. I am disturbed by the dream, wondering what it means. Where is Daniel when I need him! I don't know if I should worry or be relieved. I think about how Jesus felt when Judas, the betrayer, kissed him. The thought makes me shiver. Or could it be a simple kiss goodbye...all is well, no more hate, a sign of forgiveness?

Either way, I am feeling a little unnerved. I am glad that it was just a dream. And until I know otherwise, I will take it as a warning and continue to pray for my enemies. I will ponder this passage out of proverbs and not question why such a thing would be added to our list of wise words from God.

Faithful are the wounds of a friend, but the kisses of an enemy are lavish and deceitful.
Proverbs 27:6

2 comments:

Tina said...

a simple kiss good bye. All is well seems to be a good way to think of it.

Liz said...

Hee hee! You did the comment! Thanks for the positive. I will try and focus on that! Love you!