Monday, February 4, 2008

Girls Night Out

I have to post a little blog about my recent Girls Night Out. Ashley (pictured here with me) and I went to see Casting Crowns in downtown Ft. Worth on Saturday night. I have been looking forward to going for months and was thrilled to have Ashley go with me. We made ourselves beautiful and headed out on the town early enough to grab a nice dinner before the concert began.

Now, I have to tell you, we both had on nifty high heeled black boots thinking we would look cute and all. What were we thinking? We parked in a parking garage across the street from the convention center, thinking we would walk to a restaurant to eat dinner. Well, we did, but we walked for blocks! I had spent an hour and a half in the gym with my work out crazy husband and Ashley had been on her elliptical machine! We kept our heads high, our attitudes positive, but our feet were screaming for relief!

The concert was wonderful. The band was entertaining, talented, and led us in a wonderful time of reflecting and connecting with God. We sang to God, to the band, and to each other as we enjoyed the songs that they performed for us. They loved it when we joined them and encouraged us to do so. They joked with us, prayed with us, painted for us, and even sang "Deep in the Heart of Texas" especially for us. (doubtful they sang that song at any of their other stops...well, maybe if they go to Houston or San Antonio!) I was a know it all and Ashley sang in her socks. (the boots had to come off!)

I have to say, attending a good concert is one of my favorite ways to spend an evening! Added fun is to spend it with a friend who is enjoying the music too! Nights like those make great memories and life fun!

No comments: