Monday, July 14, 2008

A Treasure Called RIGHT NOW

Why am I even surprised at the cool way that God works? I know He is amazing, and yet I am amazed every time that He does something amazing! I amaze myself at how silly I am.

The last few days, God's word to me has been consistent...totally and one hundred percent consistent. Everywhere I turn, every meditation I read, and even the message at the service on Sunday (Amazing...check out the podcast when it is up...dated July 13) was about living in the present. My mind has been so preoccupied (even though I have been fighting it with great but tiring strength) with the IF ONLY's of the past and the WHAT IF's of the future that I have neglected today. Over and over, I am reminded that if I am walking in the past or in the future, than I am not walking with God because He is right here, right now.

Two amazing things happened today.

One might seem small to you, but I will share it anyway because it was BIG to me. I recently listened to the new Steven Curtis Chapman song, Miracle of the Moment. It made such an impression on me, ministering to my heart where I am right now that I made it my "theme song" on MySpace. (some of you know what I am talking about) I have been thinking and thinking about the words to this song, taking the words to heart, pondering them, trying to live them out as I have gone through some very difficult days. So, today I was emailing back and forth a little through out the day with my good friend, Susan. She found herself listening to Steven Curtis Chapman (I did not tell her ANYTHING about this song in my life) and she felt compelled to send me the lyrics and the scripture verses that are represented in this song. Her message to me said:

Hey, listening at lunch to a CD, Steven Curtis Chapman's newest, have to send these words:

Miracle of the Moment written by Steven Curtis Chapman and Matt Bronleewe

Psalm 118:24, Matthew 6:33, 34 (MSG), Philippians 4:6,7

It's time for letting go
All of our if only's
'Cause we don't have a time machine
And even if we did
Would we really want to use it?
Would we really want to go change everything?
Cause we are who and where
and what we are for now
And this is the only moment
we can do anything about
So breathe it in and breathe it out
Listen to your heartbeat
There's a wonder in the here and now
It's right there in front of you
And I don't want you to miss
The miracle of the moment
There's only One who knows
What's really out there waiting
In all the moments yet to be
And all we need to know
Is He's out there waiting
To Him the future's history
And He has given us
a treasure called right now
And this is the only moment that we can do anything about
And if it brings you tears
Then taste them as they fall
Let them soften your heart
And if it brings you laughter
Then throw your head back
and let it go, let it go
Listen to your heartbeat.

These followers of Jesus the Christ that are home now can be a wake up call to each of us.

Loving you, Susan

Thank you, God. Thank you, Susan. On a day, in a season where I struggle so much to let go and let God, at a time when I wonder if I am lovable and worthy of friends, He gives me this.

Then, I get a phone call from another good friend, desiring Ladies Night she says..."Girl Bonding Time". And in this conversation, I was given the opportunity to share the prayer of accepting Christ. Praise God! Praise God! He is so good! Draw her to YOU, Lord.

Oh how He loves you and me! No matter what I have done, it is not too much for Him to stop loving me, to stop using me, to stop forgiving me, and to stop caring for me! It is not about what I do, but about what He does and He does everything at exactly the right time when we are walking with Him.

Today, I will love the people He puts in my life. I will see the miracle of THIS moment and will not waste it. I will keep loving with all my heart so that His wonderful mercy, love, and glory will shine everlasting in my life.

Continue prayers for the family of Jason. Celebration of his life takes place tomorrow. He loved his family and He loved our God! Praise God, His name is glorified!

1 comment:

Lysa TerKeurst said...

Oh Liz... I just read about the loss of your friend. I am praying for his family right now!

Thank you for your kind and encouraging comment over at my blog. You just made my day!