Thursday, April 30, 2009

ABC's of the Word - L


We have different gifts, according to the grace given us.
If a man's gift is prophesying, Let him use it in proportion to his faith.
If it is serving,Let him serve;
if it is teaching; Let him teach;
if it is encouraging, Let him encourage;
if it is contributing to the needs of others, Let him give generously;
if it is leadership, Let him govern diligently;
if it is showing mercy, Let him do it cheerfully.

Romans 12:6-8
These verses have been special to me over the years, but especially so the last few weeks.
I went on a retreat last month where I spent an entire weekend looking at my spiritual gifts and how God might like for me to use what He has gifted me with.
In the past, I wasn't so pleased with my own gifts.
My gifts are ones that require guts.
Prophesy.
Teaching.
Discernment.
And I felt bad because I had little mercy.
What I have found is that just because mercy is not my spiritual gift, it does not mean that I do not feel merciful toward hurting people or that I am totally cold hearted.
That is a lie from the enemy!
Even though giving / contributing to the needs of others is low on my spiritual gifts inventory,
it does not mean that I am greedy.
I am not a bad person because of my gifts.
God gave to me exactly what He wanted me to have!
And He intends on my using those gifts.
When my heart breaks for those who are hurting,
or I decide to give monetarily to someone in need,
God is there too.
Let me use what He gave me.
For more ABC's of the word
visit

5 comments:

pam said...

Excellent post! Praying you have a grand day with Him Liz!

Peggy said...

Blessings Liz, LET Him use you as
He made you & gifted you, may you use what God gave you & see how each part of the body is needed!
The Spirit stirs up whatever gift in your life at the moment is in need, some are stronger or more motivators, but if He dwells in you, LET Him rise of those strong gifts. Good words about that if you aren't strong in one area means you are a bad person, merciless, greedy, etc. ... I never ever thought that of anyone with different gifts but especially not one that moves in prophecy! That's an awesome gift & with discernment!
WOW! This choice from Romans surprises me because I usually think of Corinthians...so this has really blessed me & I wonder how I missed this! Do not LISTEN to the LIES any LONGER! You are a blessing! You are needed! You were made to flow in these gifts! Thanks

GodsOwn/Bernice said...

Liz i enjoy to read this verse and your post

GB
Bernice

Cindy said...

This was inspiring. I enjoy the ABC's of the Word even though I don't actually participate at my blog. I always like what you come up with so I'll just come here for it! lol

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

It sometimes seems the other gifts-the ones we don't have are easier, maybe even more appealing...sometimes. But as you pointed out so well in this post..."Let Him" and it all falls together.

Great post!!

In His Graces~Pamela