Friday, October 3, 2008

LATE- ABC's of the Word - Letter K


Oops! I somehow forgot that yesterday was Thursday but I do not want to miss out on my weekly posting of God's word. This week represents the letter K. I am looking forward to reading all the verses posted yesterday, I have not looked at them yet.

The word that came to my heart and mind when I realized that I missed the weekly dose of alphabet scripture was KEEP. A few definitions that speak to me are:

to hold or retain in one's possession; hold as one's own.

to maintain (some action), especially in accordance with specific requirements, a promise, etc.

to conform to; follow; fulfill

Psalm 27:5
For in the day of trouble he will KEEP me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock.

Psalm 34:13
KEEP your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking lies.

Psalm 119:2
Blessed are they who KEEP his statutes and seek him with all their heart.


KEEP


A word that brings me both comfort and challenge from God's precious word.

For more ABC's of the word visit
Grey Like Snuffie


1 comment:

ellen b. said...

ahh Liz, I was wondering where you were on thursday :0)
Love your keep verses and your definitions. I also like the cross stitch K. Have a great week...