Skip to main content

TAG

My friend Carol tagged me, so I thought I'd play along, something a little light hearted and fun!

So here are the rules:

1. Link to the person who tagged you. That would be Carol.
2. Post these Rules.
3. Tell 6 Unspectacular Things About Yourself.
4. Tag 6 fellow bloggers.

So here are my 6 unspectacular things about me.

1. My house looks clean by appearance, but is really a disaster behind closet and cabinet doors.

2. I own a fabulous set of my very own golf clubs and have not played golf since I bought them.

3. I love to cook but don't think I am a good cook.

4. I could count how many times I watch t.v. in a month on one hand.

5. I have an uncanny ability to remember dates.

6. I like to do many things but don't have a passion about one thing. This bothers me.

So, now I will tag six fellow bloggers:

Laura

Lelia
Kim
Pam
Pamela
Lynn

Leave me a comment if you come and play.

Comments

Carol said…
Thanks for play Liz, your house sounds like mine. It looks great in the Kitchen and living room, just go in the bedrooms.

I envy you can remember dates, I never know what day it is. A by product of being an apartment manager I'm always a month or 2 ahead of myself.
pam said…
well that's fun--we'll see what I can come up with. Brain function seems to be intermittent at best right now. I could come up with some really wacky things that would make people wonder. hmmm, will ponder this. The golf clubs made me laugh---
Laura said…
Oh, my goodness! Thank you, Liz, for thinking of me! I promise to get on this. I love these little tags, I think they are so much fun to read! Thanks for sharing this little bit of yourself!

Popular posts from this blog

The Unexpected

Sometimes, things just don't happen like we expect. Occasionally, the unexpected is a nice surprise, but sometimes the unexpected can turn an event, circumstance, or even a life, upside down. Last week, my daughter and I went to spend Spring Break with family. Our flight was lovely, the weather perfect, and we were looking forward to a stress free week. The first thing we did was eat lunch at one of our favorite Thai restaurants. As usual, we looked forward to our fortune cookies. We took turns reading and laughing...and then my daughter opened hers - "Be prepared for a change in plans." Uh-oh. We didn't like this one but we decided our week would be stress free and fun in spite of what a cookie said. Continuing on through out the day, all was well until that night. I sat outside on the porch of a friend I have known for 35 years and received news that changed something I have believed for 30 years. The words were horrible and made me so ill that I got sick within min...

I Close My Eyes

Well, I did it. I took the writer's challenge at a blog that I have been lurking around for some time. I found this blog through Laura at Wellblog 's place and have been enthralled ever since. I have dabbled in poetry on and off. Written some invitations, cards, and even a few song lyrics (for fun) but have been hesitant to post any. (roaring lion? see below post ) With the encouragement of a friend, I decided to take the challenge on L.L.Barkat's blog, in a lesson on seeing. I chose a subject that is cherished, a memory that was real and something close to my heart. The beach. Many, many days were spent at the beach in the 12 years I lived on the Southern Virginia coast. The memories are real, and when.......... I close my eyes and I can still see the beach. The endless spans of water Sometimes blue, green, or gray. It moves Gently and Violently Bubbles rise and falling forward. On and on. I close my eyes and I can still hear the crash Of tidal movement As earth slowly spi...

Birthday!

Today is a special day. It is the first day of my last year in my forty's. I am a little anxious about this, but overall, excited. There is something about knowing that 50 is one year away that causes me to experience a deeper motivation to live life to the fullest. Yesterday, I resigned from my current position. Fifteen months ago I accepted a position with a group of cardiologists in Dallas, thinking that it would be a good move to bring more satisfaction in my work life. Long story short, it did not turn out that way. (I don't think that was even a short story, but bear with me.) Although I met some people that I really liked, and enjoyed working with the doctors in that practice, it just really did not satisfy my desire to learn, to lead, and to make a difference. I have tried hard not to complain, and only a few close friends know how I really felt about my job there and I have prayed fervently (and with others) that God would open the door to an opportunity more su...