Monday, March 3, 2008

Snow Day???

Do you remember the excitement of hearing the weather forecast, knowing that it might snow and looking outside before you went to bed to see big snowflakes and snow covering the entire ground? That happened in our household tonight and it brings joy to my heart and memories to my mind!

We moved our family from Virginia to Texas a little over two years ago. Virginia isn't known for great amounts of snow, but it certainly was known to happen. Texas, on the other hand, sees little snow. Our daughter has missed seeing the fluffy white stuff (unlike her bah humbug mother) and still, at 14 years old, will go outside and do the snow dance in hopes of a snow day!

Well, all winter long, we have had mild temperatures. In fact, over the weekend we were in the seventies. We have already seen 80 once or twice since the New Year, which is exactly how I like it. As the calendar just turned to March, I have been dreaming about warm weather, sunbathing, and planting flowers. So, when I heard that we had snow in the forecast for today, March 3, I was pessimistic and skeptical! Not my daughter. She watched, prayed, and danced and God heard her pleas!

So here she is - the face of total wonder and joy! "God heard my prayers, Mom! Look-it's snowing!"
Here she is, calling friends, reporting her joy, hoping for school closings!

The joy of a child, even a 14 year old one, as snowflakes melt on her tongue, and the sight melts my heart! I can do without snow, but will welcome it anytime when it brings such pleasure to the ones I love!
The wonder of God, of children, and snow!

Blessings,
~Liz

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved this! Send her my way for a few days! She's soooooooo PRETTY!!! But more importantly she is gorgeous on the inside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Angela