Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Friends

CHOOSE YOUR FRIENDS BY THEIR CHARACTER AND YOUR SOCKS BY THEIR COLOR. CHOOSING YOUR SOCKS BY THEIR CHARACTER MAKES NO SENSE, AND CHOOSING YOUR FRIENDS BY THEIR COLOR IS UNTHINKABLE. ~Anon
A friend of mine sent this to me today and touched my heart! She is a beautiful woman (not the same color as me) and a blessing as a friend. I met her after she evacuated New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina and we became friends at a time when we both were feeling out of place. I had just moved to Texas as well. Our friendship has touched my heart in many ways and the quote she sent me today has love written all over it! (see post from this morning about LOVE) God is so good and I never cease to be amazed by the tender ways He shows us His love...through little messages from Him through other people to help us remember how very much we are loved.

My socks match my clothing but my friends match my heart!

1 comment:

Thom said...

No suspicions here. By the way - I love colorful socks! And amen to colorblind friendship.