Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Love

The expression of love softens us and the ones we love. It opens up a channel between us. It invites an intimate response that closes the distance.

It feels good to express love, whether through a smile, a touch, or a prayer. It heightens our sense of being alive. Acknowledging another's presence means that we, too, are acknowledged. Each of us is familiar with feeling forgotten, unnoticed, or taken for granted, and recognition assures us all that we haven't been overlooked.

Knowing we are loved may be the key to our doing the things we fear. Love supports us to charge ahead, and we can support others to charge ahead. We know that if we fail, we have someone to turn to.

Love heals. It strengthens, making us courageous both when we receive it and when we give it. Knowing we are loved makes our existence special. It affirms that we count in another's life. We need to honor our friends by assuring them of their specialness too.

(Each Day A New Beginning)

Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.
1 John 4:7

I need others. I need to strengthen my supports, my connections to others and love them with everything God gives me.

Love,
Liz

3 comments:

Tina said...

beautiful.....

John 13:35
By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.

Lelia Chealey said...

That's really great Liz, both parts. As a mother of 3 bi-racial children that is my hope is that others will look at my kids for their hearts, not the beautiful color of their skin.
Thanks my friend...
Love,
Lelia

Anonymous said...

You have brought so much into my life. I am glad you are my friend. I Love You Liz!