Saturday, March 8, 2008

Genuine Pearls


Just a little update on my Pearl story. God has those dime store pearls that I talked about in my blog post dated February 11th. I am not taking them back. What I found out in the last month is that those cheap pearls are wrong doings...my own.

My application was:

"Are you holding on to harmful or unnecessary partners, relationships, habits and activities, or even a job to which you have become so attached that it seems impossible to let go? Sometimes it is so hard to see what is in the other hand. Sometimes it is impossible to see until we relinquish 'the cheap stuff'. But DO believe this one thing........God will never take away something or ask you to give it up without giving you something better in its place. He's had it in His hand all along."

Having relinquished what I believed to be harmful actually cleaned out the jewelry box and allowed me to see what is really in there! The dime store pearls are not people, but my own attitudes toward people, that have kept me from wearing the genuine pearls. He is the only thing that is genuine. The journey continues, but my heart is being shaped by Him. He heals. He continues His work and I give Him every relationship that I have, every habit and activity that I have, and all that I am.

I have seen the Genuine Pearls. He did have them in His hand all along!

1 comment:

Lelia Chealey said...

Loved this line...
He is the only thing that is genuine.

AMEN sister!