Thursday, August 14, 2008

ABC's of the Word


Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
Ephesians 4:29

This particular verse is one that I probably need to tattoo on my face. There have been times in my life when I have not done this at all.
Recently, it has been the case.
In a situation where I found myself very hurt and very angry, I used words to hurt others. I allowed other people to use words to hurt the same people.
As a result, I have lost my best friend, since it was she that I was angry with.
The other's who I hurt are her family, her friends, and the people who I used to worship and serve with in my former church.

The words I used were not building them up and they certainly did not benefit anyone who heard them.
Well, Satan was probably having fun.

I would like to take this opportunity to publicly apologize to the people that I hurt with my unwholesome words.

To Ruth, I am so sorry,
To Steve, and the family, I am truly sorry.
To my former church family, I am also sorry.

I pray that God will bless you, bring good things to you, and continue to grow and bless the fellowship of SCC.

There will be no more negativity from me on this blog.

I pray that you will forgive me.

To readers who know this family, please go to them if you have a concern over what you read. To readers who do not know this family, please know that this is a family who has devoted their lives to serving a God who loves and blesses them. They, like all of us, have difficulties and troubles in their lives. Due to my close relationship with them in the past, I found myself living under the illusion that they were above sin. I have now been dis-illusioned. God allows me to see them through eyes of grace, mercy, and blessing.
For those of you who know me, continue to pray that God will bring continued healing and peace in my life.

For more ABC's of the word, visit Grey Like Snuffie



No comments: